Mindhatch® is led by its Founder, Coonoor Behal—an experienced and recognized business strategy and innovation consultant with focused expertise in design thinking, improvisation, and innovation facilitation. Whether working directly with organizations or adding value to firm projects as a partner, Coonoor is highly sought after for her seasoned and integrated background.
What We Do
- We help you solve complex business problems and design products, services, and experiences your customers love using our Design Thinking expertise.
- We help your staff stay engaged and do their work better through our Organizational Improv training programs.
- We help you come to strategic decisions and embrace organizational change and innovation using our Innovation Facilitation methodologies.
Who We Are
- We believe that all work is human-centered and that people are your business, which is why we help organizations put the human experience at the center of their thinking.
- We inspire, play, experiment, and take a “yes and” approach to everything we do. At our core we are born testers of assumptions, lovers of the counterintuitive, and embracers of change.
- We are one of the rare firms that is equal parts business and creativity, strategically balancing real-world requirements with “what if” possibilities.
We design “Insightful Experiences” to get our clients “Inspired Results”
Our clients have included: international law firms, “Big 4” consulting companies, strategic communications firms, retail banks, multinational law firms, restaurant groups, international development organizations, and innovation consultancies.
We have been quoted in US News & World Report and featured on CEO Blog Nation and PeopleG2’s TalentTalk Radio show among other media outlets.
MEET THE FOUNDER
Coonoor Behal is a creative leader with subject matter expertise in:
• Design Thinking – including service design, qualitative design strategy, ethnographic research, and corporate training;
• Organizational Improv – using mindsets and activities from improvisation to develop team skills and improve corporate cultures; and
• Innovation Facilitation – designing and delivering structured ideation and creativity sessions that yield more of the best ideas.
Coonoor honed her creative problem-solving skills during her years as a strategy and innovation consultant at Deloitte Consulting LLP. For part of her time there, she worked in the firm’s Global Innovation Network, spearheading and managing open innovation challenges across more than 100 member firms, and was awarded the prestigious GovLab Innovation Fellowship. Coonoor was also a trained and sought-after facilitator of design thinking workshops, innovation cafes, and Deep Dive sessions during her time at Deloitte, and is an expert in designing sessions that encourage and inspire interactive and experiential learning.
Coonoor has delivered Design Thinking consulting and training projects, and facilitated workshops for a variety of clients, including innovation companies, international law firms, restaurants, multinational banks, consulting firms, and international monetary institutions. She is a graduate of Adaptive Path’s User Experience (UX) Intensive and has studied product design with the Wharton School of Business.
Coonoor has designed and delivered Organizational Improv trainings focused on creativity, listening, team building, empathy, public speaking, customer service, innovation, leadership, and collaboration to a variety of clients, including international law firms, “Big 4” consulting companies, major universities, and strategic communications agencies. She is also a regular guest lecturer on “Improvisational Mindsets for Leadership” at The George Washington University School of Business.
With years of experience as an improv comedian and teacher, Coonoor brings levity, adaptability, and composure to every experience and is an expert in using improv techniques to enhance collaboration and ideation. Her Innovation Facilitation sessions are experiential and engaging, using creative stimulus to help clients get more of the best ideas faster. She is certified in “Creative Facilitation and Design” by Retreats That Work.
Prior to her creative business career, Coonoor worked in nonprofit international development. She holds a BA from New York University (summa cum laude) and an MA from The University of Chicago.
Connect with Coonoor on LinkedIn