Improv for Design Thinking
Refresh your team’s design thinking toolkit through improv!
Improv approaches can improve:
- How your team works together
- How you engage and satisfy your clients
- Your skills as a design thinking practitioner
Refresh your team’s design thinking toolkit through improv! Improv teaches skills necessary for successful design thinking project teams like turning failures into opportunities, storytelling, assuming a beginner’s mindset, and client and customer communications.
Improv methodologies and mindsets are valuable tools at every stage of the design thinking process:
- Empathize You will improve your active listening and other communication skills while solving team-based improv challenges.
- Define You will experience the design challenge first-hand and crystallize your understanding of the customer’s point of view.
- Ideate You will explore a wider range and greater depth of possible solutions for your designs.
- Prototype You will give physical form to your potential offering, whether it is a product, service, or experience.
- Test You will learn how to engage customers through improv activities and how to encourage honest, in-the-moment feedback to your solutions.
Improv teaches the skills necessary for successful design thinking project teams such as:
- Turning failures into opportunities
- Assuming a beginner’s mindset
- Client and customer communications